At the age of 34, Jacques Schwob founds “A l’Emeraude Jeweller-Goldsmith” at Galeries Saint-François in Lausanne on December 24, 1909, with his wife Aline, granddaughter of the great musicographer Matthias Lussy.
Since its creation, the brand is distinguished by its active participation in Lausanne life. A l’Emeraude will be one of the first sponsors of “Lausanne Aviation Days” (1911) and the Lausanne Horse Show (1912).
In 1910, A l’Emeraude publishes its first advertising inserts in The Lausanne Tribune, Lausanne Delights, The Review and The Grutli newspapers. The style is sober. Men`s and women's watches, “precision watchmaking” and a “Chaux-de-Fonds factory” are barely mentioned. By 1912, advertisements change in content and style. The artistic character of the new visual appeals to the people of Lausanne. It will become A l’Emeraude's advertising signature for many years.